QRP & Novice Rig Round Up - It's a Hoot!

Bry Carling <af4k@...>

Thanks Bobby! jump in and join the fun, QRP friends.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bobby Drummond <alphak4ja@...>
Date: February 20, 2017

Just a reminder that the Novice Rig Round Up is in full swing and continues until next weekend - until February 28th at 2359 UTC.

  Here is the URL for the NRR:  www.novicerigroundup.com

There is full information about this year's Novice Rig Round Up (you don't have to be running a Novice license rig to participate) and information about the previous years' NRRs.

There is also a convenient online logging program (or you can choose to submit an ADIF file, for instance, when you finish, etc)

When you finish you can submit something to the "Soapbox" -- including pictures --  if you'd like as well.

This is my first year participating in the NRR and I'm having a ball.  I'm using my homebrew MOPA rig (on 40 meters) that I've mentioned several times on the list and also using a homebrew solid state 80 meter rig.  It's great to exchange NRR numbers and hear some chirps, follow some drifting VFOs and also work some rock steady novice era rigs.   If you really want to take a ride on the way-back machine, work another NRR participant "duplex" for more realistic feelings of how it was back in the novice days.  (Call CQ on your crystal frequency and then tune up and down that section of the band for a response that might be dozens of kilocycles away from your transmitting frequency.)

There is a chat room website for setting up skeds or maybe just for the camaraderie with your fellow Novice rig brothers/sisters of key.

The best part?  it doesn't cost a single dime to participate (even though donations to help offset some of the expenses are appreciated)

Come on, join the fun.  If you've got one, get that old rig outta' the closet and enter the fray.  This Novice Rig Round Up thing is a hoot!

73 de Bobby Drummond - AK4JA