From: Sam Neal
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 5:00 PM
To: 4sqrp@...; Bry Carling; Sam Neal
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] QRP & Novice Rig Round Up - It's a Hoot!

Hello Bob N6KL,

The old 1950's era " slat-board " 6V6 transmitters like the one you described
that I discovered in the 1955 " ARRL How To Become A Radio Amateur " are
available as kits - should you be interested.

Go to:

http://www.nt9k.com/slatboard.html
www.nt9k.com
This is my 1940's era 6L6G slatboard transmitter and power supply project. The transformer has secondaries at 385v, 6.3v and 5v. The rectifier tube is a 5Y3G.

He has other kits also including the slat-board power supply.

73,

Sam Neal  N5AF

From: Bobby Drummond >
Date: February 20, 2017

Just a reminder that the Novice Rig Round Up is in full swing and continues
until next weekend - until February 28th at 2359 UTC.

  Here is the URL for the NRR:
www.novicerigroundup.com>

There is full information about this year's Novice Rig Round Up (you don't
have to be running a Novice license rig to participate) and information about
the previous years' NRRs.

There is also a convenient online logging program (or you can choose to submit
an ADIF file, for instance, when you finish, etc)

When you finish you can submit something to the "Soapbox" -- including
pictures --  if you'd like as well.

This is my first year participating in the NRR and I'm having a ball.  I'm
using my homebrew MOPA rig (on 40 meters) that I've mentioned several times on
the list and also using a homebrew solid state 80 meter rig.  It's great to
exchange NRR numbers and hear some chirps, follow some drifting VFOs and also
work some rock steady novice era rigs.   If you really want to take a ride on
the way-back machine, work another NRR participant "duplex" for more realistic
feelings of how it was back in the novice days.  (Call CQ on your crystal
frequency and then tune up and down that section of the band for a response
that might be dozens of kilocycles away from your transmitting frequency.)

There is a chat room website for setting up skeds or maybe just for the
camaraderie with your fellow Novice rig brothers/sisters of key.

The best part?  it doesn't cost a single dime to participate (even though
donations to help offset some of the expenses are appreciated)

Come on, join the fun.  If you've got one, get that old rig outta' the closet
and enter the fray.  This Novice Rig Round Up thing is a hoot!

73 de Bobby Drummond - AK4JA