BTW, Mouser and other suppliers handle the same product, in case you need to combine the order with electronic components.

72,

John, AA0VE

On 02/22/2017 09:44 AM, Bry Carling af4k@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Thanks - sounds great. Where do you find the commercially sold transfer paper? Does it have a particular brand / name or description?

I wish I could be there but will try these techniques.

Bry AF4K

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of n5ib@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:17 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] Re: MAKING YOUR OWN PC BOARDS

Chuck has a nice video series on You Tube

the first part is at  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6AmT1trO60
Introduction showing some circuit construction using different techniques using printed circuit boards.

The presentation Nick and I will give at OzarkCon is about pretty much the same process. We just use the commercially sold transfer paper instead. I've found it is a bit faster and gave more consistent results and really isn't that costly. A $15 pack is enough to do several dozens of boards. I've been working on the same pack for three years now.

We'll also be talking about how to take the next step to using commercial board fab services. These are getting very reasonable now days. And since you generally get several boards at a time, its a great way to share projects.

Doug is right, if you latch on to some bargains, especially for the laminator and printer (or maybe you have the printer already) the rest of the stuff is little more than the cost of a pizza delivery. And you literally can go from a (simple) circuit idea to a finished board in an hour. Guys even profess success with a common household iron, but I've not been so lucky  :^))

Jim, N5IB

---In 4sqrp@..., wrote :

This sounds great! Thanks for the shopping list.

Can you tell us where to find a description by Chuck of how to make the boards?

I would love to start using his method!

Bry, AF4K / WN4NRR