Re: OT: Question about using NESCAF filter with TT Orion

Bill Cromwell

Hi Steve,

The NEScaf has an internal adjustment to set the level of the internal audio amp so that the volume remains about the same whether it is on or off. Apparently you won't be using it if it is off (bypassed). I would suggest you try it with the lowest level on the lineout and increase it if and as needed.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 02/23/2017 08:54 PM, 'Steve Ireland' vk6vz@arach.net.au [4sqrp] wrote:

G’day
I want to connect up my North East QRP NESCAF audio filter to my Ten Tec Orion II and am wondering about the best way to do this.
Instead of using the standard headphones or external speaker jacks (both of of which currently have devices connected to them), I was wondering about using the Orion’s Line Out jack. This gives 600 ohm impedance and can be selected to to give either 1V peak to peak, 0.5V peak to peak or 0.25V peak to peak.
Any suggestions as to which to use/any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Vy 73
Steve, VK6VZ

bark less - wag more