Re: Newbie - Looking For Info on 40m QRP CW Transceiver

Wayne Dillon

John,
If there is no interest then I would gladly offer the cost of shipping them. Your call, es thanks.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - NQ0RP

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:39 AM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Joe:

If you are going to Ozarkcon, I've got 3 16F88 PICs that are brand new, which I will never use.  You are welcome to them, if you want them.

If Joe is NOT going to Ozarkcon or doesn't want them, I can bring them with me to Ozarkcon for anyone who wants them.

As you might gather, my goal here is NOT to spend money on postage just to get rid of these chips.  I haven't checked the price of them lately, but I suspect they cost less than what shipping would be.

Anyway, if anyone expresses interest in them, I'll bring them along with me to Ozarkcon.  Otherwise, I'll leave them at home.

72,

John, AA0VE

On 02/24/2017 09:21 AM, 'Joe' n4yg@... [4sqrp] wrote:

This is the little rig. I designed and built a frequency display for a Heathkit HW-32a single bander several years. I made a new circuit board (very simple)  and made some simple revisions to the PIC 16F88 firmware and it works very will with this rig. If anyone else is interested, I can provide programmed chips and detalis and you can have one for only a few bucks.

Joe, N4YG

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Newbie - Looking For Info on 40m QRP CW Transceiver

Hi again Joe,

There was an SW-40 before the SW-40+
Written up in Nov 1994 QST
Might be worth comparing.

Another rig of similar architecture is the NorCal 40A
http://www.n5dux.com/ham/files/pdf/NorCal%2040A%20Transceiver%20-%20Manual.pdf

Jim, N5IB

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.