Problem is Bry, many laptops do not have a line input, just Mic in and Speaker out.
Be blessed,
Wayne - NQ0RP

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Bry Carling af4k@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Why can;t you use the LINE INPUT on those sound adapters which is STEREO?

It seems to me like it would work just fine.

Bry, AF4K

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of Don Wilhelm donwilh@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:20 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Digest Number 1704

Ed,

If you want to obtain a panadapter display from the KX3 RX IQ output of
the KX3, get a soundcard that is capable of at least 96K bandwidth, 192k
is better.  Yes, the input must be stereo for RX IQ to work.

At 192kHz, there will be some falloff at the edges, but that is normal
for the KX3.  Note that the PX3 compensates for that falloff.

A low noise soundcard is important.  Look at the soundcard information
on www.telepostinc.com for comparisons.
TelePost Inc. 49100 Pine Hill Dr., Plymouth, MI 48170 734.455.3716 email Manufacturers of high quality RF test equipment for lab, industrial and Amateur Radio users.

73,
Don W3FPR

>       wg5f
>       <mailto:wg5f@...?subject=Re%3A%20KX3%20%26%20USB%20sound%20cards>
>

> Let me say that I've seen this discussed on the KX3 group and no one
> seems to have a answer that holds water. Maybe the guys asking the
> questions just didn't make it clear (to what I'm looking for...)
> I've had my KX3 since the first batches that came out. I keep learning
> new things about it but one thing that has had me stumped is how it will
> work when connected to a STEREO input on my Laptop for Panadapter display.
> All my computers have MONO mic inputs. They don't have a LINE IN. So i
> can't take advantage of the RX I/Q connections. I'd love to get one of
> those $6 USB external sound cards, but none of them seem to have STEREO
> mic inputs. I really hate to buy a big external BOX type external sound
> card, that adds bulk to my KX3 go bag. I'd also not like to pay $30,
> $60, $100 bucks for it either.
> What practical experience do any of you 4SQRP'rs have with the USB
> external sounds cards with STEREO mic inputs? And more importantly your
> experience with the KX3 using the RX I/Q lines with programs such as
> va2fsq's WIN4K3Suite? Any solid recommendations or warnings? I've been
> piddling with this for 2 years and I'm ready to get over this hurdle.
> Again - this is not for just digital mode operating. I'm not talking
> about running FLDigi, or other such programs. I know that I don't need a
> stereo input for that (and it's not hooked to the RX I/Q lines.) I want
> to play with the SDR capabilities of the KX3 and interface it more
> integrally while portable.
> Any help?
> 72,
> -Ed, WG5F-

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)