Re: SSS is coming up

Roy Parker

Maybe ask for a "low height" multiplier for antenna at less than 4 feet up?

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:25 am, 'AG1P Ron' ag1p@... [4sqrp]
<4sqrp@...> wrote:

Yesterday’s gale sent my loop antenna to the antenna-eating dune. Another gale coming in tomorrow thru Friday so probably will have to pass on this month.

72 - Ron - AG1P

From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 7:33 AM
To: 4sqrp@...; John R. Lonigro
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] SSS is coming up

Gm All

I need to clarify my statement from last night.

I did not intended to modify the rules for the sprint by saying "Bayou Jumpers will be given preference"

I intended to say that I will be listening on or around 7.122 for our Rock bound friends.

Cu all there!

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 7:56 PM Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Thanks John for the reminder

While the bands aren't very good, we still can make contacts.

Come join us guys for a couple hours of good old fashioned CW fun!

Bayou Jumper operators will be given preference to 7.121, 7.122!!

Cu there

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:46 PM 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

This Sunday, March 12th, is the monthly Second Sunday Sprint (SSS).
Don't forget to set your clocks forward if you observe Daylight Saving
Time in your area. The Sprint starts at 7:00 pm (CDT) and runs for 2
hours. That's 8:00 EDT and 5:00 PDT (if I did my math correctly). Go
to 4SQRP.com and click on "on air activities" or else go to
qrpcontest.com. Either one will point you to the Sprint rules. You must
log your entries on the qrpcontest.com site.

We had something like 14-15 participants in February. Let's try for
closer to 20 in March. That would be fantastic and would give me
another opportunity to mess up reporting the results (hi).

Don't forget to search for the Bayou Jumpers, all pretty much located
below 7122.

As an advanced warning, the APRIL SSS falls on Ozarkcon weekend. I'm not
going to mess around with trying to change the date of the Sprint to an
alternate weekend. Most people should be back at their QTH by Sunday
night anyway.

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator