Re: OT - USPS

AG1P Ron

I haven’t been checked and I was there two days ago buying stamps - but I have small town PO and they know me on first name basis.

72 - Ron AG1P

From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:09 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] OT - USPS

My local USPS office has started a new practice and I wanting to see if this is now a nation wide practice.

My local USPS will not accept a credit card unless it is signed on the back.

Is this now the practice at your local USPS ??

I have always written "Check ID" in the white box on back to deter unauthorized use, but they don't care.  AND, if there is a signature on back, they don't bother to check ID's if that is requested on the card.

I borrowed the workers felt-tip pen and signed my in the smallest unreadable pen that I could and he said "good enough, I'll accept that".... honest, if you looked at you can't tell what it is.

The next time I went to the USPS to ship something, I wrote a check.  I was very meticulous at filling in the register book and writing the check.  And when the postal worker started tapping her fingers on the counter, I became even more meticulous.

When you use a credit card over the phone, or internet, no one checks for signatures - they CAN'T.  I went to my congressman's local office to register a complaint and his assistant was surprised to hear about the new practice, and said he also has "Check ID" written on the back of his cards.