Re: OT - USPS

Wayne Dillon

And me in Columbus KS, they used to run and hide when I brought in a bag of SS40's to ship overseas!
Wayne.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Same here in Humboldt,KS

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of 'AG1P Ron' ag1p@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 5:40 AM
To: 4sqrp@...; 'David Martin'
Subject: RE: [4sqrp] OT - USPS

I haven’t been checked and I was there two days ago buying stamps - but I have small town PO and they know me on first name basis.

72 - Ron AG1P

Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:09 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] OT - USPS

My local USPS office has started a new practice and I wanting to see if this is now a nation wide practice.

My local USPS will not accept a credit card unless it is signed on the back.

Is this now the practice at your local USPS ??

I have always written "Check ID" in the white box on back to deter unauthorized use, but they don't care.  AND, if there is a signature on back, they don't bother to check ID's if that is requested on the card.

I borrowed the workers felt-tip pen and signed my in the smallest unreadable pen that I could and he said "good enough, I'll accept that".... honest, if you looked at you can't tell what it is.

The next time I went to the USPS to ship something, I wrote a check.  I was very meticulous at filling in the register book and writing the check.  And when the postal worker started tapping her fingers on the counter, I became even more meticulous.

When you use a credit card over the phone, or internet, no one checks for signatures - they CAN'T.  I went to my congressman's local office to register a complaint and his assistant was surprised to hear about the new practice, and said he also has "Check ID" written on the back of his cards.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

NAQCC MWN NCS
NAQCC Net manager
NAQCC # 0759
Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.