Re: OT - USPS

Cecil Bayona <cecil.bayona@...>

On 3/17/2017 12:40 AM, 'AG1P Ron' ag1p@earthlink.net [4sqrp] wrote:

I haven’t been checked and I was there two days ago buying stamps - but
I have small town PO and they know me on first name basis.

72 - Ron AG1P

*From:*4sqrp@yahoogroups.com [mailto:4sqrp@yahoogroups.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:09 AM
*To:* 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* [4sqrp] OT - USPS

My local USPS office has started a new practice and I wanting to see if
this is now a nation wide practice.

My local USPS will not accept a credit card unless it is signed on the back.

Is this now the practice at your local USPS ??

I have always written "Check ID" in the white box on back to deter
unauthorized use, but they don't care. AND, if there is a signature on
back, they don't bother to check ID's if that is requested on the card.

I borrowed the workers felt-tip pen and signed my in the smallest
unreadable pen that I could and he said "good enough, I'll accept
that".... honest, if you looked at you can't tell what it is.

The next time I went to the USPS to ship something, I wrote a check. I
was very meticulous at filling in the register book and writing the
check. And when the postal worker started tapping her fingers on the
counter, I became even more meticulous.

When you use a credit card over the phone, or internet, no one checks
for signatures - they CAN'T. I went to my congressman's local office to
register a complaint and his assistant was surprised to hear about the
new practice, and said he also has "Check ID" written on the back of his
cards.

--
David Martin - NA1MH <https://www.qrz.com/lookup/na1mh> - Mountain Home
The same here in Springdale Arkansas population 70,000+, the postal workers know me by name and don't ask for ID.

--
Cecil - k5nwa
http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/