Re: USPS vs Check Id 2

davemrtn

A bit difficult to discuss this year's OzarkCon since I haven't been to it yet !!

On 3/18/2017 13:15, Rich Fowler k8meg@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Don't really think this is an issue with USPS, but with the thinking behind Check ID.
Thinking that "Check Id" deters thief is a little out dated. If someone steals your
wallet, they have your Id. Signature verification is a possible reason, but I can order
online without a signature. More and more, entering your zip code seem to requested.
Maybe next step will be finger print or eye scans. j/k

How about the guy on the phone at check out snapping a photo of your credit card
or the nice young lady at the restaurant taking your card? There are all kinds of risks.
How about paying with cash? Oh, that's right, we're a cashless society.

I think it is a disservice to bad mouth the USPS and worker for doing their job.

Maybe the discussion should be about "Check Id" vs "signed" instead?

Not posting to debate the various issues of USPS or how we use our credit card.

Would rather see post about Ozarkcon, SOTA, etc.