Re: OT - USPS

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

I live 1.2 miles off the state maintained roads here on Bald Top Mountain in Alexander County, NC on a asphalt paved road maintained by all the homeowners in the subdivision paying $20 per month for road maintenance and when I get a package that won't fit in the mailbox the postman leaves me one of those brown slips of paper to pick it up at the post office which is a 14 mile round trip. I contacted the Postmaster and ask him couldn't the courier drive 1.2 miles off his route to deliver my package rather than make me drive 14 miles to get it and he said, no, that it's their policy that the mail courier isn't allowed to alter their regular route by more than ½ mile! My first thought when he said that was it's no wonder the USPS runs in the red every single year! It certainly isn't customer service oriented!

Very 73/72
Cliff - KU4GW
4SQRP # 536