Re: PigRig program button stopped working

Stephen Roberts <steverob@...>

I just occurred to me that when I built the rig the wire I used for the power in was heavier gauge than spec'd and I could only get one turn around the ferrite choke. Could that be the problem? Maybe an external choke on the power input would help?

Steve

On Apr 7, 2013, at 5:09 PM, Todd F. Carney / K7TFC wrote:

Steve,

Do you think noise might be getting in and screwing up the keyer chip? Something peculiar to your environment or DC source, maybe? The Vcc bypass cap, C23, is about as close as it could be to the chip, but I wonder what adding, say, 1uF *and* a .01uF caps across C23 to provide a range of low-impedance paths for a wider range of noise frequencies? I also wonder if you could have a bad D7? Or for that matter anything else in the power chain. If your PR is naked, I wonder what an enclosure might do?

Sorry if these ideas have already been mentioned.

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM, w1sfr <steverob@...> wrote:

I spoke too soon. It worked fine for about 5 minutes then the keyer went whacky again. Now I'm getting weird sounds when I key down. If I hit the switch the sidetone sounds fine, but as soon as I start to send, there's a very loud hum as I key it. I tried different keys thinking it might be a plug or something, but I'm back to thinking that it's the keyer IC.

Steve