Re: PC [1 Attachment]

KG5JUP <kg5jup@...>

I know quite a lot about Linux if I can be of assistance to anyone let me know.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 9:59 PM, kx4tt@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

See May 2017 QST, Pg. 44, for Ubuntu Mate information…………………..which is a real nice Linux distro. Run it from a USB drive to try it out…………………….

73 de Lee KX4TT

From: RWeeks neotoxo54@... [4sqrp]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 02:46
To: 4sqrp@...; Brian Ford
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] PC

IMHO, if your going to use it just for the Ham Shack...dump the Windows and load up Linux...

It is a bit of a learning curve BUT I am running Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon on an HP Pavillion and liking it much more than WIN 10...

In fact as soon as I get my Linux legs under me I will be converting a Toshiba Satellite over to the same.

If your not sure about the change, you can put Linux on a CD and run it off the disc....that way if you decide not to use it nothing is lost...just eject the disc and reboot back to whatever Windows demon-ware you are comfortable with...

Good Luck

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI

Rocky Weeks, AF5AF

East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B

Arkansas Trappers Assoc.

South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Apr 10, 2017, at 16:42, Brian Ford kf4tap@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Can in from a service call, and found a large box on the porch, it is a used, but working emachine PC running XP.  No wireless card in it so I'll have to move it in the shop close to the modem.  A couple of days to clean out and uninstall games and such.

Any windows gurus?