Re: PC

Charles W. Powell

With Linux there is Gimp, a Photoshop replacement. Very powerful software and completely free of charge. For sound/audio, try Audacity.

72,

Charles - NK8O

On Apr 10, 2017, at 9:50 PM, Brian Ford kf4tap@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Actually rocky I was planning, once I can get it connected to the web to down load some pc art soft ware.

If it doesn't work it will go in the recycle bin.

Keith

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, April 10, 2017, 21:46, RWeeks neotoxo54@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

IMHO, if your going to use it just for the Ham Shack...dump the Windows and load up Linux...
It is a bit of a learning curve BUT I am running Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon on an HP Pavillion and liking it much more than WIN 10...
In fact as soon as I get my Linux legs under me I will be converting a Toshiba Satellite over to the same.

If your not sure about the change, you can put Linux on a CD and run it off the disc....that way if you decide not to use it nothing is lost...just eject the disc and reboot back to whatever Windows demon-ware you are comfortable with...

Good Luck

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Apr 10, 2017, at 16:42, Brian Ford kf4tap@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Can in from a service call, and found a large box on the porch, it is a used, but working emachine PC running XP.  No wireless card in it so I'll have to move it in the shop close to the modem.  A couple of days to clean out and uninstall games and such.

Any windows gurus?