Cricket heard in Utah, John Wayne, and Award.!

WA0ITP

Woo Hoo!!  Great range for Crickets.  Some of the build session Crickets were reported to be making 1.1W, so they may stretch out even further.  These are the John Waynes of the Cricket population :o)  If you have a John Wayne Cricket, you are lucky - but check the temp of Q2 often.

Check out http://4sqrp.com/cricket.php tmmrw for a new Cricket award invented and hosted by Bill Dekle, KV6Z.  It promises to be great fun.

Pse post your Cricket success right here on the 4sqrp and 4sqrpcricket reflectors , and on QRP-L also. Let the world know that the Crickets are coming.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 4/11/2017 9:11 AM, dekle@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I didn't get any takers with my CQ effort this morning, but 3 minutes before I quit, and just as the grey line was passing over my house, an RBN Spot popped up from  NC7J in Layton, Utah.

NC7J is 933 miles away and reported a 3 dB SNR. I think that means that my Cricket was twice as strong as the noise.

I see Cricketeer in my future. Oh yeah.

Bill
KV6Z