Re: Cricket on digital

Don Jackson

Doug,

If you go to his website page, you'll find that permission!  I'd just love to see the PSK-80 (and other bands) live again!!!

Don AE5K

On 04/12/2017 09:45 AM, Doug Hendricks ki6ds1@... [4sqrp] wrote:
You would have to get permission from the designer. You can't just take over projects.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2017, at 3:56 PM, Sean Edwards cybersean3000@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

In the presentation he did mention a computer interface, but to me it wasn't entirely clear it was for CW or digital modes.  Right now the Cricket is CW only.  To do digital modes it would have to do SSB.

The Warbler PSK-80 has been abandoned.  Why not just take over that project and update it rather than adding SSB to the Cricket?

-=Sean Edwards=-
AD0QG

On Apr 11, 2017 5:31 PM, "Richard Dickerson richard.dickerson@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

David Cripe NM0S mentioned he was working on a way to use the cricket for digital comms like PSK.  I wonder if we could resurrect the 4S link on a PCB with a USB plug mounted on the board so it could be just plugged into a lap top and the cricket

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 11, 2017, at 15:49, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Woo Hoo!!  Great range for Crickets.  Some of the build session Crickets were reported to be making 1.1W, so they may stretch out even further.  These are the John Waynes of the Cricket population :o)  If you have a John Wayne Cricket, you are lucky - but check the temp of Q2 often.

Check out http://4sqrp.com/cricket.php tmmrw for a new Cricket award invented and hosted by Bill Dekle, KV6Z.  It promises to be great fun.

Pse post your Cricket success right here on the 4sqrp and 4sqrpcricket reflectors , and on QRP-L also. Let the world know that the Crickets are coming.

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 4/11/2017 9:11 AM, dekle@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I didn't get any takers with my CQ effort this morning, but 3 minutes before I quit, and just as the grey line was passing over my house, an RBN Spot popped up from  NC7J in Layton, Utah.

NC7J is 933 miles away and reported a 3 dB SNR. I think that means that my Cricket was twice as strong as the noise.

I see Cricketeer in my future. Oh yeah.

Bill
KV6Z