Re: Sick cricket

Sean Edwards

What size box did you buy for it?  Where did you buy it?

-= Sean Edwards =-
AD0QG

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Tom Sevart tmsevart@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

OK, problem solved. I found that the cricket works OK when hooked to a
dummy load, but not an antenna. Couldn't figure out why until I
realized that the cable I thought went to my tuner goes straight to my
multiband dipole which was built (not by me) for the voice portions of
the various bands it's built for. So it has a little bit of an SWR
mismatch close to the 80 meter CW portion, which was apparently enough
to feed back into the radio and heat up Q2.

So after hooking it to the right cable and feeding it through my tuner,
it does put out a good signal, almost a full watt according to the
tuner's meter.

I would attempt a QSO tonight but with all the lightning thought I'd
better not risk it.

Now my next step is to put the cricket into the nice little wooden box I
bought for it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS