Re: Hyper-Cricket at 12 volts?

WA0ITP

GM Ken,  Yabut (always one of those isnt there).

W0EB just posted a coupla days ago that he found very little difference in output power from 9 to 12 increase.  Maybe Jim will chime in here.

The designer, NM0S, in a private email to me when I asked abt 12 volts, said that R6 would need to be changed to 150k or 220k. I was thinking abt the convenience of using a 3 cell LiPo, and having loong battery life.  Haven't done that yet.

Sure it could be redesigned for more power, VFO, more sensitivity, etc.  But then it would be a whole new rig and not a Cricket anymore.  Dave designed it as an inexpensive, minimalist, and fun entry level rig.

btw Ken, do you own a Cricket yet?  They're great fun.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 5/3/2017 10:41 PM, Kenneth Ketner klaine@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Will the little chirper take 12 volts for a bit more output?

I recently saw a circuit, Tayloe simple tx at Hendricks kits, that got 4 watts on 3 parallel bs170 s.

Ken Ketner
KA5ELD
PO Box 65135
Lubbock, TX 79464-5135