Re: A new Cricket comes to life

Charles W. Powell

In experimenting with my Cricket, I found that the sidetone chirp is highly dependent on the impedance of the headphones.  With one pair I got wide whoop, with another there was no sidetone at all, and with a pair of earbuds, there was only a tiny variation in the sidetone pitch.

No takers yet with an extended CQ, but I did monitor with my KX3 (antenna disconnected) and the Cricket puts out a very clean, stable note.

72,

Charles NK8O

On Jun 7, 2017, at 4:51 PM, Charles Powell <doctorcwp@...> wrote:

I’m pretty sure the contacts are clean.  Might be a voltage issue with the 9V battery too - I had to liberate it from another device.  SWR shouldn’t be a problem into a 50 ohm dummy load.

72,

Charles NK8O

On Jun 7, 2017, at 4:29 PM, Jim Sheldon w0eb@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Make sure you're transmitting into a low SWR too, that sometimes will cause the ST to go berserk.

Jim, W0EB

On Jun 7, 2017, at 3:55 PM, 'dekle' dekle@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Try cleaning the key contacts.

Bill