EMP?

Dan Reynolds

OK, I know this is a crazy topic. Just wondering - would a .50 cal metal ammo box protect a rig from an EMP blast? No, I'm not becoming a "prepper" but I am curious.

I was always under the impression you needed special metal to protect from that. Like guys using diecast zinc type boxes for sensitive RF measuring equipment...

This article is rather 'open' on what you can use. I would've never imagined a static bag could prevent damage from an EMP... goodness knows I have a few static bags!

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/build-your-own-faraday-cage-heres-how/

I was just thinking - why not put the KX3 in an ammo box when I'm not using it?

Dan -- KB9JLO

<><