Re: Best Bayou Jumper battery?

Donald Sanders

Yes those voltage buck units work well. I have 3 of them. One on home built power supply. One on a wall wart and one on a computer power supply.

Dr. Don W4BWS

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:22 PM, RWeeks neotoxo54@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

IF  your concerned about over-voltage...get yourself a buck converter...ebay has hundreds something like this....

I use LiOn batteries salvaged from old laptops...I have four in a holder wired in series that puts out about 16 VDC...apply that to my buck converter and step it down to 13.5 or whatever is needed (the out put is adjustable).  Mine also has an led readout that allows you to monitor input/output.

Sent from my iPad Mini
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B