Re: LOOKING for info on the net books

Tommy Gober

Haha
"The Chrome operating system is complete rubbish and will not run any "normal" windows software."

Well, it's because Chrome is an entirely different operating system with an entirely different operating mentality - it's meant for web-centric use. That's like saying "That motorcyle is rubbish, you can't put diesel or coal in it and you have to balance on it." Trying to run '"normal" windows software' also hits a brick wall when you try to run it on a Mac or natively on Linux.

"That microwave is rubbish. You can't fry an egg in a skillet in it. The pan just sparks and the egg explodes!" Each technology fulfills a difference niche and usage pattern.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The only advice I can offer is - DO NOT BUY A CHROME BOOK. The Chrome operating system is complete rubbish and will not run any "normal" windows software. Just my personal experience.
Be blessed all
Wayne - NQ0RP

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 5:36 PM, beargyrils@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I don't know much about those net books/
Looks like I have to be near a WIFI station TX  and the hospital has WIFI all over the place.
I read up on it and those tiny USB sticks are rated  less then 1/8th of a watt/
Anyone here have info on these small net books
Thanks
BLOB AF2DX

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.