Re: Ten-Tec service

David Wilcox K8WPE

But, according to others who replied to my original post they won't work on legacy radios like the Argonaut 515 and the like.  Also historically their rates were extremely high.

Dave K8WPE

On Jul 1, 2017, at 9:04 AM, 'Ronhogrider92@.... @gmail.com Hog' ronhogrider92@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

For your information ten Tec service is still open for business 
Ten Tec never did close and will soon be selling radios again
You need go to their website to request a work order for service. They can be contacted by email only for now they explained,
Www.tentec.com

Ron wb1hga

On Jul 1, 2017, at 4:34 AM, David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Wayne,

Am clearing out some old emails and came across this one.  If I haven't replied to you here goes:

Dale Putnam, WC7S, out in Wyoming repairs Ten-Tec Argos.  Mine is on its way to him.

I may be strange but two Argo 515s is better than just one.  I have my original one bought in the 1970's (with some mouse damage that occurred when I sold it to a local farmer/friend.  Chewed the plastic end a little.  Then got in through the sidetone volume adjust hole and ate a few wires.  An easy fix but my newest one is mint throughout, just doesn't work.).

Dave K8WPE

On Jun 16, 2017, at 8:11 AM, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

David,
If you find someone let us all know please, I've got a TenTec that needs some TLC.
Blessings,
Wayne - NQ0RP

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 9:16 PM, David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I know this is off topic but does anyone know of a person who will go over my nonfunctioning Argonaut 515? It looks pristine but is rather quiet in the receive and probably needs a thorough going through. It is a recent acquisition but I am not skilled enough to go through it. The current Ten-Tec group does not service legacy rigs like the Argonaut.

Dave K8WPE (Djwilcox01 at aol dot com)

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

NAQCC MWN NCS
NAQCC Net manager
NAQCC # 0759
Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.