Re: Seeking Suggestions for QRP Rig

Ross Henderson

Have A unit that is frequency drop in the crystal slot and be a combo SSB/CW unit. And also have A regular antenna hook up (SO-259) instead of that other on. 72/73`s

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, 9:19:27 PM CDT, RWeeks neotoxo54@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The MFJ 9200 series comes with plug in band cards...80,40,30,20,17,15 M bands...5W output depending on input voltage...

Sent from my iPad Mini
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B

On Jul 8, 2017, at 18:39, nv9x@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Howdy 4SQRP,

I am looking for suggestions on a QRP rig. I had a Mountain Topper, which I liked. Problem was these eyes had problem seeing display. I would like a rig where display is easily seen. I have a Yaesu FT-817ND which I can easily see. However, I would like a smaller rig to throw in back pack. My main bands of interest are 40, 30 and 20. I thought of the MFJs with the frequencies on the case. But those are single banders. I do not want to pack 3 different radios. Any suggestion(s) would be appreciated. I am looking at you tube videos on different radios. However, advice from actual users is nice.

                                               Thank You Very Much.                         Jim NV9X