Re: Seeking Suggestions for QRP Rig

Curt

Those are a lot of requirements, not sure any existing radio will achieve all any better than the 817 you already own or the MTR which you owned.  I love my K1-4, but those are no longer made and would never throw mine into a backpack anyway.  Owned an ATS-3B that was great for small size and worked 6 bands with plug-in modules.  But, the single digit display was pretty small and the MTR is the same radio without the plugin modules.  All of the Elecraft offerings are pretty pricey.

GL on the quest, let us know what you decide.

73, Curt KB5JO