Re: The Streak:23 years of Daily Contacts

Larry Makoski

I've nominated John for the QRP Hall of Fame at least twice.  With all of John's accomplishments and his long time staunch promotion of QRP,  it makes me wonder what hoops you have to jump through to be considered a viable candidate.

Sorry, sore spot with me.

Larry W2LJ

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:12 PM, wb8yyy@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Thanks for posting, Bart.

John has been an enthusiastic member of the community for a long time.  I first ran across him when he was providing links to DX QSL managers with a well-managed website - back when we did only paper.  Also, back then John was running a few tube homebrew transmitter with some kind of receiver.  Since then he helped found a (at least) national QRP club, and continue this operating streak.  About a decade ago I nominated him for QRP hall of fame given his contributions to the community.

I have QSO'ed with John - his antennas are reasonably effective.  He has gone through more rigs than I in his streak, but consistently thrives as a QRP only op.

Yes very nice to find John in QST.  We have a wonderful community of ops.

73 Curt