Re: The morning after.

Charlie Vest

Wichita NWS would know for sure since they are located right at the airport there and also have a short tower with 2 meter beams on it and work on a regular basis with hams in their coverage area . For those of us in Northeast Oklahoma and Southeast Kansas , they also support the Beaumont repeater . I am not much on 2 meters , but I have a dual band antenna at about 20 feet and I can hear that repeater . Good for those of us in the area during severe weather and if you have a decent 2 meter FM outside antenna , you can likely at least here it .

NO CONNECTION .... Just for information , since the season is upon us .....

Charlie , W5COV

I read NWS FB post that said temp at Wichita Airport dropped 23 degrees in four miniutes

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:

Odd/amazing/interesting weather. Especially in light how it was that
much colder in south central Kansas while here along the north border we
had no ice and only slipped below freezing this morning. We did
receive much needed rain Tuesday night. This part of the world is often
full of surprises.

73, de Nate >>

72/73 TIM ALBERTSON KDOIA (ex KG6IRH)