Re: Digest Number 1860

Larry Hastings

Yes, it uses (2) filamentless 2N3019's.
By the way, they eliminated the sockets.
Just follow the instructions.  It's a fun kit.
Larry AB0AH

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 8:43 PM, <4sqrp@...> wrote:
4 Messages
Digest #1860
1a
"Chickenhawker" by "Jim Sheldon" w0eb
1b
Re: "Chickenhawker" by "Johnny Matlock" ac0bq
2
Nuclear Powered Bayou Jumper! by "Jim Sheldon" w0eb
3
mew Ozark Patrol missing parts by "Bill Cromwell" ku8h

Messages
1a "Chickenhawker"
Sat Aug 5, 2017 3:56 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Jim Sheldon" w0eb
Was playing around with my modern version of the Bayou Jumper (the
"Chickenhawker" - SS40HT/SS40TX in a Hobby Lobby box with a DDS VFO) a
little while ago. Heard TX5EG out in the South Pacific (Marquesas
Island DXpedition) calling CQ. He wasn't very strong but I called him
anyway and he must have had a very low noise level as he came right
back. Already had Marquesas confirmed but not QRP. Best DX so far with
the Chickenhawker. 2000+ miles.

W0EB

1b Re: "Chickenhawker"
Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:40 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Johnny Matlock" ac0bq
Nice Work Jim!
Your Chickenhawker is really flying!

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com
2 Nuclear Powered Bayou Jumper!
Sat Aug 5, 2017 7:09 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Jim Sheldon" w0eb
N0XM posted this on my facebook page. (He's a big fan of old tube type
rigs) and he says this is what the Bayou Jumper should have been -- LOL.
Anyone have an old Army footlocker? You might just want to build a
(semi) portable station in it - HA!

Jim - W0EB

3 mew Ozark Patrol missing parts
Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:17 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "Bill Cromwell" ku8h
Hi,

Today the Michigan QRP Club held it's annual club picnic. Everybody had
a great time. I won an Ozark Patrol kit. When I looked in the bag of
parts it looks pretty nice but some of the parts are missing. Can
anybody tell me what kind of tubes it is supposed to have? The tubes and
sockets are missing. I have quite few tubes and I can probably
substitute tubes I already have if I know what types it uses.

73,

Bill KU8H

MIchigan QRP Club M-1778

4SQRP 555

--
bark less - wag more

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 6-7, 2018