Re: Hello from Illinois

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Marion
Welcome to the group.
You will fit in nicely!!
The love of radio and building says it all.
The members of this group are extremely helpful and friendly!
Hope to cu In Branson.
72, 73
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:58 PM k9zzp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I joined the group last week.  I have been messing around with Ham Radio for only a few years.  I have had an interest in electricity and then electronics since my teens.  The first kit I built was a multimeter.  I can't remember if it was a heathkit or a radio shack, but I used it for years.

I operated a CB radio when you had to have a license to be on the air.  I spent a short time in the late 80's building computers.

In my last job, a co-worker was a ham.   We talked about "it" at work, and I borrowed a book from him about getting into ham radio. Well, you know the rest.

I like building kits and projects.  I like figuring things out.  When I found a 4sqrp page about a get together at Branson for QRP and people built projects for their radios, I was hooked.  The other thing that did it was my love for trout fishing on the Taneycomo.

Well, thanks for reading,

73's

Marion

K9ZZP