End Fed Wire Experiments

Darryl J Kelly

Been doing a lot of experimenting and testing end fed wire antennas especially with small 9:1 ununs.
I have found that a 56' end fed wire, not up to high, 15' to 20' , with a 25'  counterpoise fed with 50' of coax and a 9:1 unun will tune from the Cricket frequency up through 10 meters except for 17 meters, tuning with an old LDG Z11 QRP automatic tuner. If you want to run your Cricket but don't have 130'  for a dipole or vee, all you need it one support and 56' of wire. Also good for second or third antenna like at my QTH. Hope this is of interest.
Darryl, KK5IB