Re: End Fed Wire Experiments

Darryl J Kelly

Charles,
The counterpoise has always for me run from the unun attachment point
which has always been above ground and lain on the ground roughly
under the antenna, mainly because of convenience. The location of the
50' of coax also has an effect on the system. As you know the bottom
of the unun is connected to the shield of the coax and also to the
counterpoise. Part of my interest is to have a wide band antenna that
can be tuned by an automatic tuner from 2 to 30 Mhz for MARS, and
these end fed wires and 9:1 ununs seem to be the best choice for me
for now. Also for portable and camping type operations they show
potential. Thanks for interest.
Darryl, KK5IB

On 8/28/17, Charles Moizeau <w2sh@...> wrote:
Sounds good Darryl,

Pls tell us if the 25' counterpoise lies on the ground, and if so, is it
beneath the antenna. Or is it elevated, and if so, where's it pointed?

Obviously the resonance point of a counterpoise is much lower if resting on
the ground than if it were elevated above ground, even a few inches above.

Thanks your news.

72,

Charles, W2SH