Re: End Fed Wire Experiments

J.K. Wright

Balun Designs website gives a table of antenna wire lengths and counterpoise wire recommendations for use with their 9:1 low power unun.  53 ft is easily tunable on 80-10m, and is what I use regularly for travel and the last two FD.
Jerry, NK2C

On Aug 28, 2017 10:04 PM, "Walter - K5EST walter.k5est@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Good posting, Darryl!

I use 50 ft end fed for 40 thru 10 meters and 100 ft end fed for 80 thru 10 meters on the KX2 & KX3. Will give your 56 footer a try with the 9:1 balun. That is really handy for portable / motel operating.

73....Walter - K5EST

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:03 PM, kk5ib01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Been doing a lot of experimenting and testing end fed wire antennas especially with small 9:1 ununs.
I have found that a 56' end fed wire, not up to high, 15' to 20' , with a 25'  counterpoise fed with 50' of coax and a 9:1 unun will tune from the Cricket frequency up through 10 meters except for 17 meters, tuning with an old LDG Z11 QRP automatic tuner. If you want to run your Cricket but don't have 130'  for a dipole or vee, all you need it one support and 56' of wire. Also good for second or third antenna like at my QTH. Hope this is of interest.
Darryl, KK5IB