Re: End Fed Wire Experiments

Roger Bales <ag4proger@...>

It may not be the best antenna but for entertainment value a 9 to 1 unun and some wire is some serious fun.  AG4P

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM, kk5ib01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

If you can't or don't want to go longer, a loading coil can be added out of the unun. My main end fed wire is 72 ' long with a small coil designed to be tunable down into the 2 Mhz frequencies. 72' gave me a little lower SWR numbers and I had the space so I chose it over 56'. .My testing procedures include setting up the antenna, running frequencies from 160 to 6 meters on an MFJ-269 analyzer and comparing with other runs.
Darryl, KK5IB