Re: Facebook

nw7us@...

I use Facebook religiously. I strongly feel that using social media for promotion of a club or group is not only a good way to get the word out, but is also a good way to build the community.  This is because it enables a more instant communication among participants.

For instance, I run a Facebook Page on Space Weather and Radio Propagation: https://www.facebook.com/ spacewx.hfradio -- this has been a huge resource for interaction with my readership, and beyond.  It has somewhere between 18,500 and 19,000 subscribers.

I am active in a collection of ham-radio related groups, as well.  See the end of this message for a list (I started most of them, and am the admin for all of them).

I have my own personal ham-radio related page, too.  https://www.facebook.com/ NW7US

I also assist with CQ Amateur Radio Magainze's page, https://www.facebook.com/ CQMag/

Therefore, I would say that the 4sqrp community would benefit.  I know, I am biased about social media.

The decision is to have a Page, a Group, or both.  Take a look at my examples, above, and, the group examples, below:

Here is my list of groups:

--
Thank you,

Tomas Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US

“For me, great algorithms are the poetry of computation. Just like verse, they can be terse, allusive, dense, and even mysterious. But once unlocked, they cast a brilliant new light on some aspect of computing. ” — Francis Sullivan

“An algorithm must be seen to be believed.” — Donald Knuth

Twitter:   https://Twitter.com/NW7US (@ NW7US)
Google+    http://nw7us.us/+

Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

---In 4sqrp@..., <doctorcwp@...> wrote :

How many 4SQRP folks stalk, waste time, or otherwise whittle away hours on Facebook? I was just thinking that perhaps we could gain some membership and increase participation if we had a presence on the (now fairly) universal magnet for Millennials, grandparents, and cat video lovers. Oh yes, there are a few radio forums as well.

Comments?

72,

Chas - NK8O