Re: What's up in your shack??

David Lininger

This sounds like what would interest me. I just got my general a week
ago, so I'm still putting a station together. So far I have a Ten-Tec
Argosy with a mic. Antenna and power are still being worked on. The
challenge is that I live in a 40' motorhome (we're full-time RV'ers) and
space is a challenge.

On 2/10/17 4:36, John Cronhelm johncronhelm@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Hi Ross,
I am qrp SSB only, could link up when bands are better.
Regards,
John Vo1jcc.

On Oct 2, 2017 2:17 AM, "Ross Henderson @sparkplug [4sqrp]"
<4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hey Dan: I wish there was more SSB operators myself. But the 4SQRP
group does not offer any. When I was on 11 meters a long time ago,
that was the only way I talked. But maybe one of these days. Ross KG5OED

On Sunday, October 1, 2017, 10:02:33 PM CDT, @KB9JLO
[4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I haven't done much hamming in a long time. But I've sure been
thinking about it. Well Friday afternoon/evening I sat down at the
radio and thought I'd try to make a few QSO's. I'd just read an
email about 10 meters and I thought I'd give it a shot.

A few of you know me and know I really like the challenge of QRP
SSB. I now have a KX3 and enjoy the option to operate QRO - 10
watts. Wish there were more QRP SSB operators...
On 10 meters it was pretty silent but I ran across, HC5DX, David in
Ecuador, and he is a great operator. I waited in line, there was an
obvious pile-up and sure enough I got him at 10 watts. I've made
very few contacts on 10 meters (ever).
I started moving down the bands and finely settled on 40 meters. I
worked CF3SZ in Canada, a special event station in FL (massive
pile-up, took me over an hour) and a couple of MI POTA stations.

I remembered why I LOVE ham radio. Again.

I'm going to work on a few projects this winter, keep them small and
manageable. I've been too ambitious on some. I also need to shore up
my existing antenna, W3EDP. The far end is probably not even up 20'.
Being injured last year kind of slowed me down and this year just
been lazy. I really want a second antenna of some kind. Maybe
another wire or a Black Widow vertical or something... Like Terry, I
want to explore some of the newer digital modes.

Dan  --  KB9JLO

--
David Lininger, kb0zke
Rev. 2:10