Re: SSS is coming up

John Hucke <johnhucke87@...>

John,
If you want more SSB Operators then allow 10 W which is the standard definition of SSB QRP. Limiting us to 1/2 our normal Power doesn't look like you really want us.

John, K3JH, SSB only right now.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, October 2, 2017, 06:23, John Lonigro jonigro@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Folks:

The SSS (Second Sunday Sprint) is especially early in the month this
time.  It's next Sunday, October 8th.  As usual, it runs from 7-9 PM
CDT.  The complete rules are available on the 4SQRP website.  They are
also available on the result reporting site, which is
www.qrpcontest.com/4sqrp.  As a reminder to the  sideband members of the
group, this contest is NOT CW only.  The QRP-ARCI uses 3985. 7285, and
14285 kHz for areas to look for sideband activity.  I suggest we use
those same frequencies for any sideband activity during the SSS.  As I
mentioned before, if you do try sideband, make a note of it in the
comments section of your score report, even if your score is 0 QSOs,
just to give the rest of us a gauge on the activity level.  We'll keep
the maximum power level at 5 Watts this year, but I'm seriously
considering upping that level to 10 Watts (sideband only) for next
year's contest. If you have strong feelings either way about this
potential change, let me know.

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator