From: "beargyrils@aol.com [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>
To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com,"Sam Neal" <n5af@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Old MFJ RIGS

Sam,I may be wrong but you should keep 12 volts on the board and adjust the
small trimmer to reduce power out. Cutting power down from the supple
will decrease RX sensitivity. The manual gives the steps
to adjust power Bob AF2DX

From: "'Sam Neal' n5af@usa.net [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>
Sender: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:52:31
To: <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>; Richard AG5M<ag5m@yahoo.com>

Hello,

I have the MFJ-9040, 9030 and 9017 rigs. Using the 9040 rig with a variable
Voltage power supply, I can lower the output power all the way down from 5
Watts - down into the 100 milli-Watt range with no chirp at all, using an Oak
Hills Research QRPp Watt-meter. I have made numerous QSOs with it in the 100
-
150 mW power level.

I also have a Cub for 30 meters and worked a /MM off the Baja California
coast
using a 9 Volt transistor radio battery for a power supply.

73,

Sam Neal N5AF

I have the MFJ-9020 (with keyer and filter), MFJ-9017 and an MFJ Cub.
Richard AG5M

Subject: [4sqrp] Old MFJ RIGS
To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 5:39 PM

I know many hams today are building very small
solid state QRP kits. How many here have any of
the older MFJ 90 series QRP rigs? I still
have my first 40 meter MFJ CW radio with the keyer and CW
filter