Removing Soup'er Up'er decal - suggestions?

wa2cky

I am finishing up the addition of a Soup'per Up'er to a fellow ham's BJ and I am anticipating the possibility of removing the original decal (Filter In/Out and Fine tuning) and using the new decals with white lettering (as soon as they arrive).

The original decal were just put on a couple of days ago and I have NOT sprayed the panel with clear acrylic yet.

I believe that simply getting the decals wet should loosen them up so they will just slide off.  But, just in case I am flat out wrong, has anyone tried that?  And if so, will that work?  I would hate to muck up the front panel on the BJ!

73

Bob Groh, WA2CKY