From: 4SQRP@groups.io <4SQRP@groups.io> on behalf of Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 12:07 AM
To: 4SQRP@groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] HAs anyone heard Woody and Tim on the ountain

I operated 40 and 20 SSB. Woody worked 40, 30, 20, and 17 CW although I think 17 was a total bust for him. I did put both Gary and Martha in the log from both Taum Sauk Mountain and Knob Lick Mountain. Got them on 40 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon.

40 must have been long in the morning. I worked very few close in stations. WD9IDS here at home in Springfield (125 miles or so?) worked me early on 40 but it was a but of a struggle.

We had a great day. It was sunny all day with some winds but the temperature made it up to 56F by the afternoon and it was very pleasant. There was a lot of interference on Taum Sauk. There are a lot of towers up there. Knob Lick was much nicer operating and is a beautiful spot. We plan to go back there again sometime. It's an easy drive-up summit with about a 75 foot walk to the outcropping of rocks, picnic tables, and benches. If you are reasonably close it's a great spot for a day in the field maybe an hour S/SW of St. Louis.

Many thanks to everyone who worked or tried to work us. It was a fun day of discharging the radio batteries and recharging the operators batteries!

Tim / N9PUZ

On 12/16/2017 11:43 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
I sure would like to hear them