New Cricket 80A first QSO

Curt

I am personally finding these Crickets to be a "hoot", of course have always been a fan of minimalist QRPp rigs.  Just had my first QSO with the 80A after 20 with the predecessor. WR5U in LA, about 220 miles from here answered my QSO this afternoon at 2100z.  He mentioned having ordered one, so look forward to a 2xCricket QSO in the near future with him.  Am usually not operating after about 2330, which makes 80M a bit of a challenge, but 1W on 80M with a dipole is probably a challenge at any time of day.

Hope to hear more chirps as winter progresses, will be trying for K3Y/? contacts using this little bug(ger), have crystals for lot of frequencies on 80M and now with the 80A they will work.

72, Curt KB5JO