Re: First Cricket QSO!

Frank Artieta

What do you mean ? No record setter :) Everything is dx on a cricket !
Everytime you make a solid QSO you have really done something !
        73 gud cricket`in
                                     de Frank KD5ALD

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 10:31 PM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:
Congrats Ed!!! The little Cricket is an amazing idea of design/engineering.

Hope you keep QSOing and receive the prestigious Cricket certificate!

73,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST

4 State Group website: www.4SQRP.com

On Dec 30, 2017 9:00 PM, <wg5f@...> wrote:
had my first QSO using the Cricket built at OzarkCon 2017.  What a hoot!  Nice QSO with KB5ZCR, North of Dallas.   No record setter from NE Oklahoma but it was nice to have a solid QSO with 800 milliwatts.
Lots of digital warble QRM and an amazingly clear AM broadcast station that made me dig in several times.
Ive been thinking about mod’ng the Original Cricket into an “A” model.  That would be fun too.
see y’all for Straight Key Night.
72,
Ed, WG5F