2xCricket QSOs

Curt

I have been pleasantly surprised to make a number of 2xCricket QSOs.  I have had several 2xCricket QSOs with Frank KD5ALD in LA, several other 2xCricket QSOs with ops in TX.  When I hear a station, quite often it is another Cricket.  Back when was into the Rockmite craze, making contact with another 'mite was a rare event for me.  Not sure why it seems to work better for the Cricket, but maybe the colorburst frequency helps weed out other operators and 80M tends to favor short rand contacts with low power.  Not sure where the "colorburst army" went, guess they are all using Crickets now.

(Cheap) Fun.

72, Curt KB5JO