New Cricket Built

Martin <huyettmeh@...>

I received my cricket in the mail today and finished building it about an hour ago. Nice project!

It puts out what sounds like a clean half watt at about 3.58mhz and hears a signal transmitted on my FT-817nd.

But when I put it on an antenna I don’t hear any noise at all. If I transmit on my 817 into a dummy load nearby, the cricket hears that. Admittedly there are no signals on the band at that frequency but I would expect to hear some general noise – I do in the 817. I’ll keep playing. Maybe its just a bad day for 80 meters!

Comments welcome.

Thanks to 4SQRP for a nice project.

73,

Martin