Re: Raspberry Pi

I received mine about three weeks ago from MCM. I went the cheap route
and opted to write the OS to the SD card myself. It took a couple of
tries as I had to read the instructions *carefully* after the first
couple of failed writes (I was writing to the wrong device (partition)).

Regardless, it is running a custom version of Debian--Raspbian--so it is
quite familiar to me as that is the same distribution I use. I hope to
use mine for the brains of a satellite az-el controller with a custom
Hamlib backend. I'm too busy with other stuff right now to start on it,
perhaps next winter. I plan to have it drive the interface described in
December 1998 QST which used two U-100 rotors. I have a few of those
laying around.

With the Hamlib network rotor daemon running, it should be a simple
matter of having Gpredict aim the antennas. Yes, it's overkill for
LEO's, but sometimes reinventing the wheel with complexity is its own
sort of enjoyment. :-)

72, de Nate >>