Re: New Cricket Built-update

Jeff Peters <k9jp.radio@...>

Hello again,

Second thought.  What is the voltage reading on your 9v battery or power supply for your cricket.
I had one odd fresh 9v battery start at 9.1 volts and after a few key down tests into my dummy load the battery voltage was 8.5volts.
Must have been old or defective from the start. The second battery from that pack of two is still good at 9.0 volts after 14 short Cricket QSO's.

Hope this might help,

Jeff K9JP

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Martin <huyettmeh@...> wrote:

Well, I replaced Q4, adding a socket. Not sure it is different from previously. I called my neighbor about a block away and asked him to give me a call. We were able to QSO, him running about five watts. His signal was clear and clean. He said mine was too. He had to use his dummy load to keep the oscillator from blocking my actual signal out. We are only about 200 or so yards apart. But I still feel like it is not as sensitive as I would expect. Do others of you with a Cricket hear band noise? My other two rigs hear considerable band noise even without signals present.

Thanks for any observations.

73,

Martin

K0BXB