Re: Four State Area Weather

Johnny AC0BQ

Good afternoon
It’s really slick here in Lebo.

It rained hard early this morning, and then flash froze about the time I was headed to work.
I went out to clear my truck and couldn’t hardly stand up!
I told the boss there had to be a better day to hit the road!
Feels pretty cozy by the fire, need to get busy with some toys!
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:49 PM Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:
Boy you got that right!  Right now, my driveway is a sheet of ice along with the untreated streets.  Didn't get much precip, just enough to gum up the works around here.  Lots of black ice out there so if you HAVE to venture out, be safe please!

I'm working on using one of 4SQRP's little "black" enclosures to package a stand alone keyer using an Arduino "Nano".  I ported the code over from M0PZT's original and swapped a few pins around to make the layout easier.  

I don't know if the source code is still available on the internet for this or not, but for those of you who know enough about Arduino programming and want to play with it, I'll gladly send them my version.  No instructions (I haven't figured it all out yet) and you'll have to read M0PZT's comment lines to see what everything does but it is mostly understandable and not too difficult to implement.  The diagram I have is for an Arduino UNO (the code was originally written for the UNO but the UNO and NANO have the same processor so the code is really the same for either one.

It will be a bit yet before I could send the program as I have to finish the project and make sure it will key a radio (the uBITX for instance) as I am changing the output stage from an NPN bipolar transistor to a 2N7000 (or BS-170 - just swap the position of the source & drain pins) FET.  Won't key a Bayou Jumper but I'd almost bet you could swap the 2N7000 for an IRF510 and it would handle the current of the BJ.  Worth a try for someone to play with anyway.

Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 1/11/2018 12:10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Four State Area Weather

No wet stuff or ice yet but the high was this morning about 40 degrees. now it is 20 and a TON of wind.  have several things started and need to get a couple of them finished..I sure with the old sun would pick up a little it is tough making contacts.  . stay warm and safe de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: 4SQRP@groups.io <4SQRP@groups.io> on behalf of WA0ITP <wa0itp@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:58 PM
To: 4SQRP@groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Four State Area Weather

Gm All,

Travel safe and be safe today. Hope the wx out there is ok, the predictions aren't looking good.  Sleet, rain, and ice wintry mix today in the great state of Iowa.  This is  great day for being on the inside looking out, and I'll get in some bench time today, yea!!! What's on your bench?
-- 
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
Back to the bench, Winter is too valuable to waste.
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.