Re: Cricket & antenna experiment

Jeff, K9JP

Good morning Jeff,

Yes, I saw on the RBN that my signal was strong south of me.  Must be the take off of my dipole or maybe my Gap vertical just north of the dipole creates a beam type effect.  Will have to check reports on RBN from other directions at the same time.

Good to know, I have not messed up my Cricket yet!  Today, I hope to add a crystal holder mod so I can use mt ft-243 stuffed with HC-49 type crystals as well.
I have been using bare copper wire legs attached to the 243's but I need a better solution.  I am also, experimenting with a DDS to replace the crystals and give me more flexibility around the band.

Hope to catch you for a QSO someday soon.

73, Jeff  K9JP

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Jeff Davis <stuckbit@...> wrote:
Jeff, K9JP -- no chirp just a BIG signal here in Central Indiana. I left the rig on 3580 with the volume up and was in the other part of the house. I copied you calling but you were so loud I assumed you weren't using the little insect! Then I saw the emails here and figured out what was going on.

73, Jeff KE9V

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Jeff Peters <k9jp.radio@...> wrote:
Hello Jeff KE9V,

I was using my Cricket and trying different crystals that I have.  I have added a small capacitor different values to some of the crystals to try to offset the frequency or bend the crystal a little.

Was there any chirp or other issues?

Thanks, Jeff K9JP

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:42 PM, Jeff Davis <stuckbit@...> wrote:
Jeff,

Heard you calling Tom a bit ago - were you using a Cricket?

73, Jeff KE9V

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:18 PM, Jeff Peters <k9jp.radio@...> wrote:
Congratulations Tom,

I could just tell you were on the air here in Michigan, but I heard Ken, K5GAT give you a 579 from TX!
Looks like your long wire antenna will be a very good north/south antenna for you.

Keep experimenting and having fun!

73, Jeff K9JP
Michigan

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:01 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

I am listening for U tom and calling at 3559.5

paul

Sent from Outlook