Re: A heads up about a USPS regulation...

Frank Artieta

I do not know about "officially" I would have to do a bit of research , on the history to be able to say , what ever was "officially" ! !
When our mail was rural route it was definitely common place !
Just recently !
There was a story on wafb channel 9 in baton rouge ! Where a dumpster was found containing sacks of undelivered mail !
The post office official they had on the news program said they were working on it :)

I really know nothing !    And sure nothing "officially" !
I do know I "officially" dislike the service !

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
I believe you probably meant that the individual letter carriers do not sell stamps.

The carriers never "officially" sold stamps. Many did it just as a kind gesture for their customers. They are specifically told to not do this any longer because the USPS does not want them carrying cash, stamps, etc. that could make them a target for robbery while on the job.

It's a crazy world and it gets crazier every day.

Tim N9PUZ

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Frank Artieta <73tuudefrank@...> wrote:
Our local post office does not sell stamps anymore !
Beats all I ever seen !
Used to be able to leave money and a note in the mailbox and the postman would leave stamps !
Those days are long gone !
Now do not even sell them !
More problems than just regulations there !
I would also like to know how many times my mail does not reach me !
I would suggest using another carrier
USPS