Re: A heads up about a USPS regulation...

wa2cky

Apparently that rule (the '13 oz mail rule') has been in place since before 2011!  Per this web link:

which is dated 2011 from Stamps.com

I did not know that - although I seldom ship anything over 13 oz using stamps (I usually print labels and ship via USPS Priority Mail).  Learn something every day.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 7:31 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:
Good morning all,
A fellow ham in MI tried to ship me a piece of equipment, which failed to arrive. I transpires it was returned to him for the following reason (Sticker attached to the package):

"We regret that your mail was not collected or is being returned to you due to heightened security requirements. All mail that bears postage stamps and weighs more than 13 ounces MUST be taken by the customer to a retail service associate at a post office."

​This is completely new to me and everyone else I spoke to, So, if you are shipping a small piece of equipment but is over 13  ounces please be aware of the above, I may save you some trouble.
It would have been nice if the USPS had posted this notice in a prominent place where all could be made aware of their "regulations"​.

Be blessed all and have a great day, stay warm and stay safe,
Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP